Geely Looking to Buy Manganese Bronze

Share Our Knowledge With Your Friends, Contacts And Co-Workers

taxi Geely Looking to Buy Manganese BronzeThe UK taxi manufacturer Manganese Bronze was hit by the perfect storm of issues over the past four years, taxi sales slumped from 2008 onwards due to the recession and also suffered from  accounting errors, continual losses, and product recalls all of which drove the company’s stock price down. Manganese Bronze and Geely set up a joint venture in Shanghai in 2006 to lower the costs of producing the vehicles, which were later shipped to the UK in CKD form and assembled locally for the UK market. Geely later bought 20% of the company and has now offered to buy the remaining 80% of MB.

It’s not entirely clear why Geely would be interested in continuing the relationship with MB, especially with continuing losses and product issues and also increasing competition from rival manufacturers in the taxi market. However, MB were planning to launch Geely’s Emgrand range in the UK in late 2012, the bankruptcy has likely slowed down the plan but Geely still seem keen on selling cars in the UK if they are planning to buy 100% of Manganese Bronze.

About the author  ⁄ FrankF

Frank entered the automotive industry via his father's instructions. He grew up with cars around him, especially as his father was a major auto restorer, Frank's childhood was spent passing beers, tools and coffee to his father whilst he explained the ins and outs of engines. Frank now works in the Chinese car industry at a specific manufacturer.

No Comments

Leave a Comment

See News by Industry
Industry News China Green Auto News Spy Shots China Auto Culture
See News By Brand
Acura China Acura China Aston Martin China Aston Martin Audi China,FAW-Audi Audi China
Baojun Auto Baojun Beijing Auto Beijing Auto Group Beijing Auto Beijing Auto
Besturn Auto, FAW Besturn Besturn BMW China BMW China Brilliance Auto Brilliance Auto
Buick China Buick China Baojun Auto BYD Baojun Auto Cadillac
Changa,Chang'an Chang'an - Chana Changfeng Changfeng Changhe Auto Changhe
Chery Auto Chery Chevrolet China Chevrolet Chevrolet China Chrysler
Citroen China Citroen Dodge China Dodge Dodge China Citroen DS
Dongfeng Auto Dongfeng Geely Emgrand Emgrand Geely Emgrand Englon
FAW,First Automobile Works FAW Ferrari China Ferrari Fiat China Fiat
Foday Auto Foday Ford China,Changan-Ford Ford Guangzhou Auto Guangzhou Auto
Geely Auto Geely Geely Auto Gleagle GoNow Auto GoNow
Great Wall Great Wall Hafei Auto Hafei Haima Haima
Hawtai Hawtai Honda Honda Huanghai Yellow Sea Auto Huanghai (Yellow Sea)
Hyundai China Hyundai Infiniti China Infiniti JAC China JAC
Jaguar Jaguar Jinbei Jinbei JMC JMC
Kia Kia     Jaguar Land Rover
Landwind Landwind Lexus China Lexus Lifan Auto Lifan
Lincoln Lincoln Youngman Lotus Youngman Lotus Luxgen Luxgen
Mazda Mazda Mercedes China Mercedes MG - Morris Garages MG
MINI China MINI Mitsubishi China Mitsubishi Nissan China Nissan
Opel China Opel Opel China Peugeot Reely China Reely
Renault Riich Riich Riich Roewe
Rolls-Royce China Rolls-Royce SEAT SEAT Senova Senova/ShenBao
Double Ring Double Ring - Shuang Huan Sichuan Yema Sichuan Yema Skoda Skoda
Double Ring Smart Subaru Subaru Suzuki Suzuki
Toyota Toyota Volvo Volvo Volkswagen Volkswagen
Zotye Zotye   Others    
Close
Sign up today to receive China Car Times weekly newsletter!
Your name
Your email